Latest news from Aubrey Allen
Wagyu Beef Available From Aubrey Allen
We're delighted to be able to start supplying coveted pure-bred Wagyu beef from Earl Stonham Farms to our chefs and restaurants.
Known worldwide for its incredible eating quality from the characteristic intense marbling, this Rolls-Royce of beef offers unrivalled rich, buttery flavour, melt-in-the-mouth tenderness and juiciness.
A four-year labour of love by Suffolk farmer Andrew Deacon means that Aubrey Allen are now the only catering butcher able to offer our customers what's recognised to be the finest beef in the world from the only pure-bred Wagyu farmer in the UK.
Contrary to popular myth they aren't fed beer or massaged, but they are raised to three years old – twice as long as the average beef animal. Earl Stonham Farms' Wagyu cattle graze on the clover-rich pasture from spring to autumn and enjoy a highly nutritious maize-based diet during finishing in straw yards, which enables them to achieve the same fabulous eating quality as Kobe beef of Japan.
For now, supplies are extremely limited – we're expecting to be able to supply Wagyu approximately once a month at present – and will, of course, be snapped up fast by the chefs and restaurants for their connoisseur clientele.
So, to secure your Wagyu requirements please call the Sales team on 02476 422222 to avoid disappointment.
Andrew Deacon got together with one of the country's top celebrity chefs to carry out extensive testing to discover the perfect seasoning for the mince. They recommend adding just 7g of salt to 1kg of Wagyu mince and ensuring it is evenly mixed for the perfect restaurant flavour – enjoy!
Marbling doesn’t appeal to the average British consumer but beef derives its flavour from the fat not the fibre.
- Earl Stonham Farms, Suffolk.
- 450 acres of pasture in largely arable area.
- Farm designed to be broadly self-sufficient, with 95% of the animal feed produced within the farm.
- Uses traditional farming methods to produce meat.
- Largest producer of Wagyu beef in the United Kingdom.
- UK’s only producer of pure bred Wagyu beef.
- Pure-bred Wagyu graze on clover-rich pasture from spring to autumn and housed inside in straw yards during winter.
- Raised to three years – twice as long as the average beef animal.
- During finishing in the straw yards their diet is supplemented with locally grown maize – a highly nutritious superfood for animals which enables them to achieve the same eating quality as Kobe beef of Japan.
- Unlike Kobe, Stonham Wagyu are not massaged or fed beer, which is fed to encourage weight gain and marbling. Massage prevents sores in cattle in tightly confined areas, not needed at Stonham.
- Wagyu means Japanese Cattle
- Until recently the only place to find Wagyu meat was in the Kobe area of Japan.